Leatherwork Projects Anyone Can Do Book
Authored by South African leather designer Geert Schuiling, this book explores basic to complex leather projects. With hundreds of detailed photos of tools, leather types, leather cuts, and leatherworking techniques, it is a helpful guide for building foundational leatherworking skills. Includes 44 different project patterns.
The original projects are lavishly illustrated with over 500 step-by-step photos and styled shots of completed articles, with detailed instructions to ensure that you cannot go wrong. Beginners can start small with a simple key fob, then build up to belts, a wallet, and bags, while experienced leatherworkers will find inspiration in the contemporary and stylish designs.
- Selection of materials and tools
- Key techniques such as dyeing, cutting, punching, beveling
- Stitches used for the projects
- Inserting zippers
- How to finish pockets and straps
- More than 50 templates for projects, with variations
- Projects ranging from earrings, simple bracelets, wallets, and desk accessories to a wood carrier, an overnight bag, and a backpack
- 160 pages